This policy has been established by The New Wave to govern advertising across The New Wave website. This policy applies to all ad types and implementations, including (but not limited to) display advertising, native advertising, search ads, video ads. The New Wave has established this policy on its own behalf, however please note The New Wave is also subject to the policies of the policies of our ad network partners. This policy is subject to revision at any time without prior notice.
All creatives, advertisements and other material provided to The New Wave must comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and The New Wave assumes no obligation to review advertising for compliance.
The New Wave has sole discretion for determining the types of advertising that will be accepted and displayed on the The New Wave network, as well as the appropriate placement of advertising. The New Wave’s acceptance of an advertisement is not an endorsement of the advertiser, or of the products or services advertised. The New Wave reserves the right to reject, cancel, or remove any advertising from the The New Wave website at any time and for any reason. The New Wave will provide prompt notice to the advertiser (along with an explanation) upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any advertisement.
The New Wave does not use sensitive personal data for ad targeting. Available targeting does not reflect the personal beliefs, characteristics or values of users.
The New Wave strives to provide ads that are clear, professional in appearance, and that lead users to content that is relevant, useful, and easy to interact with. The New Wave will not accept advertising that, in The New Wave’s opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste. The New Wave will not permit the placement of any advertising for illegal or objectionable products.
Advertising must not contain fraudulent, deceptive, or offensive material, including material that misrepresents, ridicules, or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, handicap and political or religious affiliation.
Advertising must clearly identify the advertiser. Advertising cannot mimic news headlines in design, tone, third person sentence structure or topic. Any advertising that could be misconstrued as editorial content must be clearly labeled as advertising.
Content Prohibitions and Restrictions
The New Wave does not permit advertising from the following categories:
- Firearms or ammunition;
- Instructions for making explosives or other harmful products;
- Online casinos and gambling portals;
- Lotteries (other than state-licensed lotteries);
- Illegal drugs (chemical or herbal); psychoactive substances; or equipment to facilitate drug use;
- Counterfeit goods that either contain a trademark or logo that is identical to or substantially indistinguishable from the trademark of another, or mimic the brand features of a product in an attempt to pass themselves off as genuine;
- Offensive or inappropriate content or content that promotes hatred, intolerance, discrimination, or violence;
- Advertising that solicits or collects, or appears to solicit or collect, any personally identifiable information from visitors without their knowledge; or
- Advertising that is malicious or attempts to trick or circumvent our ad review processes.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive, and The New Wave retains sole discretion over which types of advertising are prohibited on the The New Wave website.
Advertising classified in following categories are among those subject to restriction and additional review:
- Online Wagering
- Sports Betting Services
- Free Play Gaming Sites
- Sweepstakes and/or contests;
- Downloads, toolbars, plugins, applications, and similar inventory sources;
- Religious or charitable ads;
- Adult-oriented content including, but not limited to, offline adult entertainment, adult merchandise, dating services, sexually suggestive content, images containing exposed skin and nudity;
- Healthcare and medicines;
- Financial products and services; and
- Copyrights and trademarks.